Monday, November 22, 2010

Winter Wonderland!

 Have you looked out the window recently? Let me show you what I see....

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!! We've needed a heavy winter here for some time. Just in time for Thanksgiving, I'm sure this massive snow storm that I swear covers all of Washington State is going to mess up many holiday plans.

I wish I already had my tree, Jared is making me wait so it will actually still  look good by the time Solstice rolls around. Luckily enough our neighbor has a tree that will suffice for now :)

It started dumping snow last night, with a school delay this morning. Right now it's still snowing, and they're letting my hubby and all of his co-workers go home early. The roads are bad!  The 50 million dollar question is are we still driving out of town to kill our turkey and bring it home? I am really crossing my fingers. Everything is set, we just have to drive there and now the weather is trying to foil our Thanksgiving dinner :(   I trust Jared's driving and his judgment, so this is solely his decision.  (Which I just heard was yes!)

On the other hand the kids are ecstatic!!  They keep looking out the window every 5 minutes and are seriously begging me to go outside and play. For now they are placated with The Grinch (with Jim Carey) with all the snow I'm starting all celebrating early including Christmas music and movies!!
 It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is in a few days. The snow is covering up the last traces of Halloween. Our pumpkin will be buried before I know it! We were very lucky and had a windstorm that blew away all of our leaves or else we'd have a yucky mess under our huge pile of snow. All this talk of snow is making me cold! I'm snuggled under my down comforter thinking of hot chocolate with marshmallows, steaming hot chicken soup, and the hot buttered rum that I'm so gonna make, as soon as I can make it to the liquor store.

I will be making a snowman at some point in time and we'll also take the kids sledding, for now I'm staying nice and warm and cozy till we brave the road tomorrow for our turkey, gobble, gobble.
Winter 2007 in Canada visiting family

1 comment:

BarefootedMama said...

it is so cold out! I can't wait to hear the next blog about how you killed your own turkey for Gluton Day 2010